- Domain Name
Registering and using a domain name (such as www.yourdomain.com) is an important part of launching and going "live" with your new 1stbase website.
There are many domain registrars available to register your new domain (ex. Crazy Domains, GoDaddy, Google Domains, Register.com). All domain registrars use different terminology and processes to edit DNS (Domain Name System) Records. Please refer to your domain registrar's support section for more detailed instructions on how to make the following DNS changes.
All domain registrars use different terminology and processes to edit DNS (Domain Name System) Records.
Overview of DNS changes
The following changes are required to face your registered domain to your 1stbase website.
- Login to your domain management account with your chosen domain registrar.
- Choose the domain you would like to make the changes to.
- Look for a link to edit your DNS.
- Locate the www A record for your domain and delete.
- Create a new CName record for www.yourdomain.com that points to 1stbaseVanityName.1stba.se.
- Then look for a link to create a domain forwarder or domain redirector.
- Enter your www.yourdomain.com (www. version of your domain) as the redirecting URL. Note: this is the URL which your domain will automatically redirect to.
- When you are ready to go live with your 1stbase website notify 1stbase support of your new domain.